I have never missed a flight in my life and then the kids and I miss TWO, yes TWO flights in one day. Here goes the story...so, we were in Colorado for a family wedding ( I will post pictures) and we were leaving from the Denver airport. Our plane left at 10:30 a.m. and we arrived in plenty of time. However, the line to check in for Southwest was so LONG. There were only two SW agents checking people in. We waited in line for an hour. So, we got checked in and the SW agent didn't know if our bags would make it on the plane...I wasn't worried about my bags...I was worried ab0ut us. I asked if there was anything she could do to help us get to our plane...she didn't offer any help. So, I told the boys we needed to start running. And we did. I'm sure it was quite a sight to see us all running and me pushing a stroller, running. We ran down to security and luckily the line was moving. We made it through security and headed off to the train. We needed the C gates and you have to ride this train and stop at the A gates and then the B gates. We got off the train and then ran to gate C28...the furtherst one away. We made it there and the gate agent said, "We just closed the doors and you are the last 4 people that need to board." Why, they didn't hold the door for us when we had already checked in...I don't know. I couldn't believe it. Me, Nathan and Tyson all had tears...now what? She said there was a plane leaving in 5 min,. to Chicago and then on to Ft. Lauderdale. She said, "can you RUN to gate C48?" I looked at her and said we have been running. So, we ran to the other end of the C gates. WE made it there and they held the doors for us this time. I was so relieved to sit on the plane.
We made it to Chicago and I looked at my watch to see it was 1:00p.m. ( I didn't realize there was a time change and it was really 2:00 p.m.) Our next flight left at 2:40 p.m. I thought we had plenty of time...so, we got a bite to eat. I had the feeling to go right to the gate...and I didn't. When we were eating I picked up my cell phone and saw 2:38p.m. So, I said, "Boys, we have got to run again." We ran all the way to gate B22 and once again I heard..."we have closed the doors." I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT....we missed our plane again.This time it was truly my fault. She said the next flight wasn't until 7:00 p.m....so, we sat in the Chicago airport for 4 hours. Luckily the boys were SO good and Joslyn was an ANGEL. WE FINALLY made it home at midnight. That truly was the longest day ever...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my GOSH! What a nightmare. I can just picture you and your sweet little voice when you told them you had already been running. I can't believe you did that with the kids all by yourself. You are AMAZING!
Glad you made it home in one piece. The pictures from the wedding are SO CUTE!
Oh, Jenni, that sounds awful. How did you ever keep your cool with four kiddos. I bet you were so glad to finally get home.
Jenni, I almost started crying for you! I have had some bad airport experiences but never anything like you had! Glad you made it home eventually! Miss you!
Post a Comment