February 7, 2011

A Miracle...

Just wanted to share with you a true miracle that happened last weekend. I was taking the kids for a walk on Friday afternoon. Nathan and Tyson were riding their bikes, Kline on his little tricycle, and I was pushing Joslyn in the stroller. We just went around the block and we were just about home. Kline was several houses ahead of me. I saw our neighbor come outside and then get in her car. Kline was right behind her car and she started to back up. I couldn’t believe my eyes…I saw the white lights on her car and knew she was backing up. All I could do was scream. It was the scariest moment ever… I didn’t think she was going to stop so I just kept on screaming. Matt was working from home and he came running out, neighbors came running out also to see what was the matter. Kline jumped off his tricycle as soon as she started backing up. He only got a bruise on his leg and scratch on his arm. The car did hit him, but he was able to get out of the way. It was a true miracle that he was okay. Our neighbor said she didn’t even see him and she felt so bad and was shaking terribly. We all hugged Kline over and over. It was such a scary moment for our family. I can’t even think about what could have happened. For me witnessing it all it was such a scary experience to see my child right behind a car backing up. Thank goodness she heard my screaming and decided to stop. I haven’t even been able to talk about it without tearing up. Kline said he thought he was going to die. We feel blessed that nothing serious happened and we know that he was watched over by our loving Heavenly Father. We love you, Kline!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, poor little guy! And poor "MOM" for having to see it! That has always been my worst fear when we go for a walk and my kids would get ahead of me. I'm so glad that he's okay!! So, so scary!!

Steve and Sarah said...

Crazy...Conner got hit by a car last week too. It is so scary, but I can only imagine watching it happen would be horriable. I am glad he is ok!

Laura Minor said...

That is so scary. I will definitely be more careful when we are on our family walks now. So glad everything turned out ok!

Tasha said...

What a blessing.